Thursday, October 23, 2014

...to prepare for our first

...dinner party here in Ann Arbor

We are hosting Mark's study group along with their significant other's tomorrow evening for dinner here at our home.  We thought it might be a nice opportunity for a bit of socializing outside of working on homework sets...and a chance for them to see 'the life of the old-married-guy (with a bunch of kids)'.

I needed to be a little more deliberate about my preparations for this gathering since I don't have my sous chef (Amy), my florist and interior designer especially for all the details (Meghan), and my server/nanny/run all the errands I don't have time for (Liesse).

Seriously ladies, this party has my feathers ruffled.  I am not sure I'll be able to pull it off.

The menu:

Black bean cakes with jalapeƱo guacomole
Spicy chicken taquitos
Vegetarian southwestern egg rolls with southwestern dip
Shrimp pico de gallo
Queso
Nacho dip
Guacamole

Desserts (not really tex-mex...but delicious anyway!)

Peanut butter pie with hot fudge sauce
Cheesecake with raspberry sauce
Cream cheese and chocolate chip cake

The state of my kitchen:


PS  Always schedule things crazy events like this for a Friday evening.  It may make the week a little crazy, but having an entire weekend to relax and recover, makes the effort so worth it. 










No comments:

Post a Comment